Just finished....i think, the first of my templar brethren. Just learnt black is not such a simple colour to work with and make look right. I went with the metallic detail and laurel wreaths instead of the FW typical lacquered green as i wanted a metal armoured look and the less pastel colours the better i thought. used a heap of gear from other kits to add to the standard templar kit to make them look a little more choppy and dynamic, adding in a few two handed poses, with riposte and parries. Trying to make them look more martial rather than just fancy kits with arms and weapons out at silly positions.
The new 32mm bases allow me to go to town in terms of extra detail. I made up some barbed wire and scattered spent shells plus a little blood splatter over the barbed wire. That idea came from my Iron Warrior playing girlfriend.