Wednesday 16 April 2014

World Eaters Side Project: The HQ and Rampagers Part Two

So, part two, part two, part two.....

Red, brighter red.... pink? Yes, that's what I did. I applied Mephistion Red, then Wild Rider Red in thin coats. I then mixed some Tamiya Flat White in in order to mix up a pink which was softly applied to patches of armour and exposed flesh in order to help me paint the skin.




The skin is Cadian Fleshtone, then Kislev Flesh, a wash with Agrax Earthshade, Kislev Flesh again, and a Kislev Flesh/Skull White highlight. Although it's not too visible in these images, it looks quite good in the flesh, with their pale skin really standing out from the crimson armour.



Nice little heretic star carved into the head on the Legion Signum. Traitor scum.

 


This badass has a large gouge in his helmet which you can see a portion of his face through. Looks sweet, and it's something cool you don't see sculpted too often by either Forge World or Games Workshop. I would also like to point out you can see the battle damage I have applied to the models, around the knees in particular.


Here we are with some oils and the metallics applied. Damn this guy looks angry, or is it just me?







Well, that's all for now, check back soon for the finished results!

3 comments:

  1. Wait so are these for Heresy or for 40k?

    They're looking great, I thought this was a Heresy blog though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I get this question a lot. They are Heresy Era, but have got the red armour. They are armed and armoured exactly as you would expect for Horus Heresy, I like the idea of them as a late Heresy Force, possibly even The Scouring.

      Delete
  2. Ah yeah that's pretty sweet, I like the idea of 'Later Heresy' lists, I'm sure they're going to drop some in a few years time.

    Would be awesome to run Emperors Children years after their fall when they're all insane and have Slaanesh daemon allies..

    There must have been some pioneering World Eaters who painted their armour blood red first and went mental! These guys look WAY better than the GW Berzerkers!

    ReplyDelete