Thursday 4 September 2014

A Galaxy In Flames Tutorial: Secret Weapon Bases- Bonefields

BONEFIELDS

Ok, here with the next basing tutorial. This time out, it's a gory bonefield. As always, we start with a clean, a prime, and a basecoat. The base is Steel Legion Drab, and the next coat is a 50-50 mix of Zangri Dust and Steel Legion Drab.




Next, I used a mixture of these three colours to apply the texture to the base and rough out the skeletons.


From here, I mixed in a lot more white and picked out the bones with a detail brush.



At this stage, you have the option of leaving it as is, for a dry open grave, or, filling it with some kind of bizarre Hellraiser style gorish insanity. I chose the latter. I poured in my wet effects. I also mixed up my 'gore', by mixing wet-effects and Tamiya Clear Red.



I now dripped droplets of my 'gore' into patches on the base. From here, I 'swirled' it around the base with a toothpick, slowly spreading it a little at a time until I was happy.




Once dry, this was the result:




It's a simple technique, and the whole base only took about 10-15 minutes to paint, and about 24 hours for the wet effects to set properly. The gore looks like it is permeating through everything, I love it. Until next time, take care,

Macca

1 comment:

  1. Very effective Macca - I love the non-opaque finish - it does look like blood is diluting through the water - very cool mate.

    ReplyDelete