Here is a small container and some drums of fuel from the old Anphelion base. I started with a dark red base coat, and then I sponged random splotches of orange acrylic paint and Rust Orange weathering powder over the drums and container.
Next, I coated the entire piece in gloss varnish, followed by a coat of hair spray. (If anyone mentions it was my Mrs' hairspray, I will find you, and I will kill you. I can't stand the whinging..) I then made up a simple mix in a mix bottle of two shades of green, and then coated the model piece by piece.
Once coated, you then get a drybrush or stipple brush, and make sure it has a bit of warm water on it. The warm water breaks down the hair spray, and the more you rub, the more paint comes off, exposing the rust beneath.
After the container, I repeated this on the drums and jerrys.
After completing the rust, I then finished off the little bits and bobs around the base, as well as adding some wet effects to simulate leaking fuel.
Simple as simple, this can now go on my Armies on Parade board,