Tuesday 2 September 2014

Ferrus Manus, The Gorgon: Part 2

So, Ferrus Manus. This one actually tried my patience. Basically, the flash, and the quality of the model was far worse then the other Primarchs I own meant that I was in a rotten mood the whole time. Anyway, in the end, here he is.





It's important to point out that the model is painted differently to my other Primarchs. Where Horus is a poster boy, Lorgar is standing in a ritual and Angron is charging into battle, this model is worn out. He is in the midst of the worst fighting on Istvaan V, and I tried to paint him to represent this. I tried to use a 'greasy' tone on his flesh, as if he has exerted himself and even his Primarch physiology is tired, so he's sweaty, and his skin is darker, not just tanned, but stained with dirt and sweat.






Anyhoo, that's Ferrus Manus, I hope you enjoy,

~Macca

2 comments:

  1. It's super annoying when you get some miscast shit!! He turned out fine though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks ok, but he's definitely not my strongest paint job. The harness tries your patience like you wouldn't believe.

      Delete